Thursday 15 May 2014

Bluebells.


I've been having problems with blogger of late , Goggle now do not support Virgin .net so I have not been able to post on this and my other blogs even though I started a Google account. So I have had to copy my posts and reload them on this new site - took me a whole afternoon ! . 


There seem to be a bumper crop of bluebells this year and I took the dog for a walk through Larkrigg woods and I even remembered to take my camera.


Charlie poses obligingly for the camera - he's now one year old !.


These woods were coppiced in the Victorian era for charcoal to refine iron ore.









5 comments:

  1. Charlie has certainly grown . . . and that is a nice portrait of him on the mossy log.

    Also "thank you", sir. I have a good vocabulary but had not come across the verb "coppice" before so it was another learning experience.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos of flowers and fauna.
    Any chance of a followers thingy here too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong places but I'll be D****d if I can find one now in gadgets !

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Charlie. How many blogs have you got running now...is it just the 2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes have decided to limit myself to just 2 at the moment

      Delete