Thursday 15 May 2014

Sunday, 24 November 2013

A Saunter Around Sizergh .

 
The last weeks weather being so nice we decided to take Charlie for a walk around the area of Sizergh Castle. My wife should really have stayed at home doing her NVQ homework but decided it was to nice a day to miss !.
 
 
Sizergh Castle hidden in the trees, sadly its closed for winter.
 
 
Charlie with toy in the corn stubble.
 
 
An ulterior motive for this walk was so that I could revisit Holeslack Farm and take another look at the 'Ice House' I had seen on my last visit .
 
 
The entrance - which I had failed to photo last time due to a camera malfunction .
 
 
A rather better shot of the interior . I have yet to track down any more info on this site . The farm house dates from the 1600s .
 
 
Frost on berries - an 'arty' shot !.
 
 
A rather splendid view looking towards the Howgill Fells in the background and the tower of Sizergh Castle peeping out from the trees in mid-picture.
 
 
And ending up as every walk should - at a pub , this time a drink and  roaring fire at the Strickland Arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment